Monday, April 8, 2013

Pressing Through


April 8, 2013
Hello all,
It's been another busy week. It's been pretty rainy, so we've spent several hours on the sky bridges in between buildings doing street contacting. Francis was confirmed and received the Aaronic Priesthood this sunday, and is happy as ever.
We'll be watching Conference this week since Hong Kong waits a week for the most correct translation to get out. Unfortunately, they do it all at the same time so even the English speakers wait a week. I'm very eager to hear everything everbody has already heard.
I don't have a lot of time, and besides all the normal pressures, schedule, and constant pushes to do better, there is not much to report on this week. There is a lot of hard work happening and I'm grateful for the power of prayer. I've learned that it has a lot less to do with telling God what you want Him to do for you and a lot more of expressing to Him your willingness to do better and seeing where He leads your thoughts. Those are usually the moments of the greatest inspiration. It's been a both revealing and delightful experience to have recognized the paradox that comes from dedicated service to the Lord: the harder I work, the more I need my Savior.
Love, Elder Hazen

No comments:

Post a Comment